If your horse does any traveling, you should have two first aid kits: one in the stable and one in the trailer in case your horse receives injury away from home.
- Bath and hand towels for applying pressure to slow or stop heavy bleeding
- Rolls of gauze bandage and gauze squares for dressings.
- Surgical tape and duct tape (for keeping things where you put them)
- Rubber bands (for keeping tail or mane out of the way of an injury)
- Wrapping bandages
- Leg wraps
- Spray bottle
- Petroleum jelly
- Clean water
- Large syringe for wound flushing
- Sterile saline solution
- Betadine or other disinfectant
- Silverquine gel
Source: Horses and Horse Information